C.O.B.R.A. Self Defense Katy, Texas
Mr. Brad Ryan is Territory owner and head Instructor of C.O.B.R.A. Self Defense in Katy, TX. He is a full-time self defense Instructor / business owner. Mr. Ryan knew within his first week of being a student he wanted to be a teacher of the self defense / martial arts. This is his passion, and his way to give back to the community on helping adults, as well as children, grow physically, mentally and emotionally using self defense as the vehicle.
Since teaching self defense / martial arts for over 20 years, Brad has seen in general, 2 types of students;
1.) Some students want to learn martial arts, learning the history, philosophy, concepts and principles and the “ART” of study, while attaining a goal of earning a Black Belt that takes many years.
2.) The second type of student is they don’t really care about all the “Martial Arts” stuff and just want no non-sense self defense for today’s world.
Seeing this need, Brad researched a lot of options out there and decided COBRA SELF DEFENSE would the best option for people wanting a shorter term study of self defense, yet very informative and effective realistic training as well as working more with corporations. Brad is excited on providing the Katy and Houston community education on safety, awareness and self defense. From C.A.P.-Child Abduction Prevention program for the private and public schools, to conducting seminars for Real Estate agents, to active shooter response seminars, team building events and wellness classes for corporations. Please register for a FREE Power class to learn more information.
- Certified COBRA SELF DEFENSE INSTRUCTOR and OWNER
- COBRA Self Defense Territory Owner for Katy, Texas area
- Certified in Active Shooter Response Plan form C.O.B.R.A.
- Previous Licensed Kid Escape Kidnapping Prevention Trainer
- Has done Safety Assemblies for Katy ISD since 2008
- 7th Level Senior Instructor, Ving Tsun Athletic Association (only 1 in 44 worldwide)
- 6th Degree Master Rank Black Sash in the Ving Tsun Museum grading curriculum( 1 of 4 Worldwide)
- Certified by the Ving Tsun Museum in Dayton, Ohio in the Yipman Wing Chun Kung Fu system.
- World Title Bronze Medal in the Worlds Largest Wing Chun Competition in Fijian China 2018
- 2x Gold Medal Winner in Wing Chun Nationals 2017 & 2018
- Picture in the Yipman Museum in Fujian, China
- National Gold Medal Wing Chun Competition Winner
- Featured in Multiply Internationally Sold DVD’s
- Featured in Kung Fu Magazine
- Judge and Referee for martial art competitions
- Coach to full contact San Shou
- First of 5 Non-Monks to get certified by Shaolin Temple
- Name Listed on the Wing Chun Plaque at the Shaolin Temple ( 1 of 133 Worldwide)
About C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System Creator Chris Sutton
Chris’ extensive martial arts training as well as his law enforcement experience dealing with real criminals have given him highly unique insights into the reality of self-defense. Chris has used this expertise to create the acclaimed C.O.B.R.A.™ reality-based self-defense system, as well as influencing his other martial arts programs, fitness programs & books.
Chris is a Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Black Belt and has trained in numerous Asian/ American Martial Art systems earning multiple ranks. After many years in the Asian arts Chris studied under Heavy weight World Champion Kick Boxer Jim Graden, with further influence from the legendary champion Joe Lewis in the Elite Kickboxing System earning another Black Belt.
Named to Prestigious Martial Arts Teachers’ Association Board of Advisors
Chris Sutton has recently joined such well known martial arts stars like Frank Shamrock, Jhoon Rhee, and Joe Lewis as a Martial Arts Teachers’ Association (MATA) board member.
MATA founder John Graden says, “Adding Chris Sutton to the board puts him in some big time company. I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t feel he has earned it. Together, we are going to bring the unique information in C.O.B.R.A.™ defense to the martial arts teachers worldwide.” More info here.
Chris Sutton is a certified A.C.M.A. Martial Arts Instructor and a life-time Professional Martial Artist with over 20 years of training and teaching experience.
The A.C.M.A. (American Council on Martial Arts Education) certification is given and endorsed through the Coopers Research Institute and N.A.P.M.A. (National Association of Professional Martial Artist).
In the field of martial arts and self-defense education these accreditation’s are recognized as one of the highest and most professional certifications.
Chris has become a lifetime student of professional martial arts and self-defense training, philosophy and continuous education. He is a member of M.A.T.A., the Martial Arts Teachers Association. Chris has also trained and collaborated with Hall of Fame Martial Artist Sifu Brian Spiegel.
Summary of Additional Professional Experience
- Certified and Experienced Law Enforcement Officer, City and County
- Deputy Sheriff – Patrol Operations
- Corrections Officer – Maximum Security / Special Operations Division
- Boot Camp Drill Instructor- Law Enforcement Division
- Founder – COBRA-DEFENSE International / COBRA Fighting Systems
- Creator COBRA Fit Kickboxing
- Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Black Belt
- Elite Kickboxing Blackbelt – Jim Graden
- World Championship Martial Arts Black Belt – Jim Graden
- Founder Self-Defense Professional Magazine
- Creator of The Active Shooter Response Plan & Bully Response Plan
- Head Instructor United MA Academy
- 15 Time Gold Medalist in the I.L.E.G. Olympic Games
- Self-defense Representative at AT & T Stadium , Kids Day America
- Author, The Psychology of Self Defense & The Fight For Success Series
- Author, You Can’t Tap Out in Real Life
Mark is a former Martial Ats School owner of multiple locations. He now Vice President of the Global brand working with 10 countries and over 100 locations on any given week.
Summary of Professional Experience:
- Decorated U.S. Army Veteran
- Business Administration Associates Degree
- COBRA Certified Instructor
- COBRA Fit Instructor
- Black Belt in Multiple Styles
- U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall Of Fame
- Author of 3D Fitness – Desire – Discipline-Dedication
Regional Training Centers
Joe Robaina is an internationally recognized corporate trainer, advisor, speaker and overall authority on Self Defense and Personal Protection. As C.O.B.R.A. Defense International Regional Director he’s helped countless individuals all over the world experience the empowerment and peace of mind that comes from being trained in reality based self-defense. He’s been featured on ABC, CBS, RT International media, and is a corporate self-defense trainer for global and multi-national companies, including Royal Caribbean, Verizon, and MTV. He is the Founder of the “Don’t Be A Victim: Women’s Self Defense Group and the internationally acclaimed American Cane Self Defense system. He is also heads the COBRA Elite division , where he supports COBRA Defense Owners specializing in imparting elite level self-defense skills for busy professionals in hours instead of years.
Jow Robaina: Regional Director & Head of Instructor Development
Leon is a full-time self-defense instructor and facility owner with over 25 years of training and teaching experience. As a former Military Counter Intelligence Officer and Corporate Security Manager for various Blue-Chip Companies, he is well versed in all aspects of crime prevention and risk mitigation in high crime risk environments. Leon holds a BA Degree and completed tertiary courses in Security & Safety Risk Management. He trained in Goju Ryu and Shotokan Karate. He holds a Black Belt in C.O.B.R.A. Fighting Systems and is a Certified C.O.B.R.A. Self-Defense, C.O.B.R.A. Fighting Systems and COBRA Fit Instructor.
Leon Myburgh: South Africa Regional Director
PHONE: 082 299 9117
Glenn has been a professional educator and self defense instructor for over 30 years. He is the COBRA Defence Regional Director for Australia and runs his own full time centre in Queensland.
He teaches simple, effective skills to schools, community groups, regional councils, kindergartens and on public courses. He has also authored two books:
Please Keep Me Safe, An Expert’s Guide To Protecting Your Child From Predators, Bullying And Sexual Abuse,
Don’t Be a Victim; The Secrets That Predators Don’t Want You To Know
Glenn Stevens: Australia Regional Director